Review: Vegetarian Pasta From Campers Pantry – An Easy Camp Meal
Note: This article contains an affiliate link to Amazon Australia. If you click through and make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you… and we can eat this week!
Our Taste Rating? 5.0.
We were looking for some easy camp meals to prepare and cook on the road. So we bought a selection of camp food dinners from Campers Pantry.
This time, we taste-test Vegetarian Pasta.
Like all Campers Pantry dinners, Vegetarian Pasta is easy to prepare:
- Boil some water,
- Open the packet,
- Add the required amount of boiled water,
- Wait a little while,
- Pour into a bowl and eat.
Access Traveller’s Guides… and a whole lot more
at our FREE RESOURCES Page!
We had a few fresh vegetables in our fridge, Lebanese cucumber, cherry tomatoes and carrots. So we decided to add these to our Vegetarian Pasta. Then we sprinkled a healthy dose of ground chilli to spice it up a bit.
After adding water to the packet, you let it sit for 20 minutes. So we added the fresh vegetables after 10 minutes to let them soften.
So how did it taste?
The Taste Test
So far, this is our favourite. It has a delicious flavour, with just the right amount of pasta.
Of course, the extra chopped veggies we added plus the ground chilli added flavour and texture. However, we both agreed this dinner would still taste great without the “extras” we added.
So what did we learn from this?
- Like all Campers Pantry dinners, Vegetarian Pasta is a single serve. We bulked it up with fresh veggies and there was plenty for both of us.
- By adding the fresh veggies at the 10 minute mark, they softened quite a bit. If you like really soft veggies, then you probably should cook them before adding.
- You can bulk it up with fresh veggies as we did. Or add tinned veggies, although you would probably need to heat the tinned veggies first.
Would We Eat It Again?
Most certainly! Vegetarian Pasta tastes great. It stands alone as a single serve dinner, can be bulked up with more vegetables without losing any taste or could be a really tasty base for a meat dish.
Next time we try Beef Teriyaki.
If you can’t find Campers Pantry products in your local camping store, you can always order them through amazon.com.au here.
Any errors or omissions are mine alone.
Note: We are not affiliated with Campers Pantry. All of our reviews are honest – we tell it how it is.